Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mother's Day

Happy Belated Mother's Day to all you moms out there. It is the toughest job in the world, but the most rewarding job.

My mother's day was great. My husband made sure to treat me like a queen. He made reservations for The Melting Pot. Want to know what hell is like? Take a toddler to a fondue restaurant. The food was delicious, but I couldn't wait to get out of there. Harper is a handful, but we thought we could handle her and take turns with taking care of her and making her happy. We are so wrong. I have never wanted to leave a restaurant so quick in my life. The moral of the story is don't take a toddler to The Melting Pot. Sorry to every single person that was there that had to listen to our Harper.

That is motherhood though. There are ups and there are downs. There are days when I want to crawl into a hole with a bottle of wine. Then there are days that are so perfect that I have to pinch myself. I love being a mom to these two beautiful, spunky, little humans. They are my reason for being.

There is nothing sweeter then when Harper crawls into her brothers lap. They love each other so much.


2 comments :

  1. Aww, I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day even though Harper wasn't cooperative. :) You're right, motherhood is full of ups and downs.

    ReplyDelete