Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Introducing

I think it's safe to say that I suck at this whole blogging thing. Who am I kidding though? I know only my family reads this so they can keep up with us. So it's whatever. I try to write when I can and I'd love to have a thriving blog like I did a couple of years ago, but that means getting out my laptop more then once a month. For some reason I can't blog from my iPad. It just crashes when I try to post. It is what it is.

After losing Ellie we knew that we wanted another dog ASAP. We had been planning to get a Labrador once we bought our house anyways. So we found a local, reputable breeder in Fredericksburg (whom we LOVE) and got a yellow lab!

Introducing Lola! Or as I like to call her Lola Cabana or Lola Bananas. We always sing that stupid Coppa Cabana song now that we have her. Let me tell you something, labs are HARD as puppies. If you don't want to put a lot of work into the puppy stage then don't get a lab. Period. She is so high maintenance. It's been crazy around here with her and the kids. It's like having two toddlers running through the house. She does know most of the commands we've taught her and she is pretty much potty trained. She just has the occasional accident here and there. I'm ready to be out of the puppy stage though! It really makes me miss Ellie because she was the most laid back, chill dog ever. I know this dog will grow on me though. There are some days when I really don't like her because she pooped and got it all over her crate or she nipped at Harper and left a hellacious scratch. I spend most of my days yelling NO LOLA or DAMN IT LOLA because she chews on every little thing. She ours though and this house once again has the pitter patter of dog feet. Oh how I missed that.



It's a good thing that she's cute.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments :

  1. I suck at blogging lately too, but oh well ;P Lol! At least she's cute? I still have moments when I really can't stand our littlest dog, still a puppy, I guess? We adopted him last August, but he's super hyper and just attacks (playfully) Ayden whenever he's outside :/ it annoys me, i'm hoping he grows out of it! SOON.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This dog just isn't Ellie. I know labs take a lot of attention and exercise. I know I will one day not be able to live without her, but right now I just compare her to Ellie.

      Delete