Tuesday, November 27, 2012

28 years old

Today is my 28th birthday. There is only one hour left of my special day. I thought I would share 10 things I've learned in 28 years. I'd do 28 but I'm tired and I still have a lot to learn.

1. Tomorrow is never guaranteed. This especially rings true after the death of a dear friend and her unborn son in October.
2. Not everyone is going to like you. And that's okay.
3. When all else fails take a nap.
4. Enjoy the small things. Get on the floor and play with your kids. Watch the sunrise. Stay in bed on a rainy Saturday.
5. Take care of yourself first and foremost. Because if you are down then how can you take care of the kids or anyone else?
6. Sometimes it just takes a manicure and a pedicure to make yourself feel good.
7. Don't forget to pray. Everyday.
8. Pay it forward. Because what goes around comes around.
9. Remember to breathe. God won't give you more then you can handle.
10. Love unconditionally.

I had a good birthday surrounded by my little family. I have amazing friends and an amazing family. I'm looking forward to the next year and making it the best yet. Time to get healthy and put down roots.

Because number 8 is important to me I'm going to pay it forward with a giveaway at the end of the week. So stay tuned!

No comments :

Post a Comment