Monday, December 17, 2012

Newtown, CT

Twenty families sent their kids to school on Friday. They made them breakfast, got them dressed, got them on the school bus or dropped them off at school. They gave kisses and promised that they would be right there to pick them up. They never got to. Twenty families of little boys and little girls forever changed. You don't send your child to school and think that you may never get to pick them up. It doesn't work like that. It shouldn't work like that. The world we live in today is a sad and scary one. As much as we want to protect our children from every single thing, we can't. I wish I could put my kids in a bubble and never let them out, but I can't. I can't promise tomorrow. I can only promise to love them today.

Twenty six families whose lives are forever changed. I can't even fathom the grief those parents feel. It's unimaginable. There are just no words for this horrible tragedy. My heart goes out to the family of the teachers and administrators who tried their best to save those children. They are true heroes. May they all rest in peace.


This evening I lit a candle for the 26 victims in Newtown. I am going to love on my kids and count my blessings and pray for a better, safe world. A world where we don't have to worry about our children being shot in school.

No comments :

Post a Comment